Monday, October 30, 2006

Maude

So, how happy am I that I ripped out the Maude mistake, and now Maude is perfect! Just like a winged creature should be.

Thanks to the 50 billion hours on Amtrak this weekend Maude is finished. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to fling the "wings" across my shoulders and strut down the hallways at work. I feel like a superstar, or at least a very important person. How can you not when you're wearing something so pretty?
I photographed Courtney in Rittenhouse Square, and my friend and I attempted to capture Love park with this Maude. Unfortunately, the sun and shadows weren't exactly cooperating - so I ditched the atmosphere, and just tried to get the best shots that I could of dear sweet Maude.
I just loved loved loved the rhythm of the pattern. Bringing the yarn all the way forward before doing the yarn over really made the motion almost musical, and this was a very soothing knit. Even if you're knit-a-long phobic please consider knitting this pattern - I would love to see a dozen or so Maude's floating down the street (certainly an improvement over one more Ugg vest!)

And, while I still regret the loss of those burgundy/maroon/berry skeins that slipped through my fingers, I'm very happy with this blue - which also has maroon, and berry, and green thrown in for typical Koigu measure.


Congratulations Courtney for another awesome pattern - and I can't wait to test knit the new one!

And, if you aren't knit-a-long phobic, check out the Maude A Long, and you too can be a rockstar!

10 comments:

Theresa said...

Gorgeous! And you, too. What's with the straight hair?

Liz K. said...

The straight hair! The gorgeous wrap! We are having the perfect weather here in Philly for both.

I'm going to have to pick a Koigu colorway and go for it too.

AsKatKnits said...

Maude is lovely! Truly Lovely!! Lets hear it for Miss Maude salvaging something good out of Amtrak Hell! :-)

Wendy said...

Love Maude and the straight hair! Great look. How many koigu skeins did it take?

Knittah said...

Beautiful! And I love the hair!

Christine said...

The straight hair is tripping me out.

I love your Maude. It is FABULOUS.

Dorothy said...

Awesome! I love how it turned out. I can't join a KAL right now, but I think I see Maude in my future at some point in time.

Jennifer said...

So beautiful and lovely!! Makes me want Koigu even more...like I need a reason.

The positive thing about the Amtrak hell....you had yarn. Could you imagine what would have happened if you didn't have something to knit? "Crazy Yarnless Knitter Wreaks Havoc on Commute"

We would come bail you out of jail.... :-)

Anonymous said...

Awww - your Maude is amazing! It's so gorgeous, what a great job you did with it! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I listen to your podcast, and just found out that you had knitted Poppy and had to come check it out. It's gorgeous!! I picked up Yarnplay the other day and immediately fell in love with the design. Love your colorway! And you look fantastic in it.

Maude is beautiful, too.