Friday, January 05, 2007

Silk Rhapsody Sparkle Scarf

Some things you just can't plan.

Oh, there was sort of a plan - I knew how wide I wanted it to be, and I swatched, and planned accordingly. I knew that I only wanted it to be a one skein project, so I knew, pretty much, how long it was going to be. But sometimes, what happens in between A and B - you just can't predict. If I had attempted to create a pattern, a stitch count, a formula, to get this Silk Rhapsody to argyle like it did in the beginning, and then zizag over to horizontal stacking, it would have been a purely impossible undertaking. Some things, say impromptu argyling, just happen -- without even trying. And some things, like a sharp turn, and sudden stacking, are unavoidable, and unpreventable.

And the result?
Not where I thought I'd end up, but please nonetheless.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

That looks great! I love it. I'm very nearly obsessed with lace these days. Problem is, it never goes as quickly as I'd like.

Anonymous said...

Funny right? If you wanted it all to pool on the one side like that it never would have (looks cool like that btw). Was that a second skein added? or just One of Those Things? Ahh, the mysteries of knitting.
Looks great regardless!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

Wow-that's awesome-by the way-the best Rocky is the one with Dolph Lundgren-remember the scary Russian guy? Grrrrrrr. Had the poster & everything.

Anonymous said...

Your scarf looks good enough to eat--like sherbet! You did some beautiful work and should be very proud!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful - you sure are fast girl!!!

Wendi said...

That scarf is almost breathtakingly gorgeous! Almost because i had enough to say wow but in a whisper because i was so awe-filled. Really, really nice.

I disagree with anonymous. the best Rockies are the one Stallone wrote himeself: the first one and the last one recently released. They both are full of heart.