Thursday, April 24, 2008




Normally, getting a packet of oh-so-pretty yarn would make me happy - but when that yarn arrives in an office that is over 90 degrees, even looking at the unopened package made me a little lightheaded. And, opening it up at home, I was still antsy about touching the wooly wool - you see, the airconditioning system is not working at my office - but the heat is working just fine. We're all sitting in the dark, and individual air conditioning units are in the hallways, blowing hot air around, since we can't open the windows. Yesterday someone passed out; the day before someone went home with heart palpatations. And, it's going to be this way until Tuesday.

So, while I know that deep down I'm really really excited about my next Starmore project - the above Roscalie Vest that I ordered from Virtual Yarns, and arrived at my swelting doorstep within a week and a half, I can barely touch the yarn - or any yarn for that matter. Knitting, due to unbearable weather conditions, is at a halt.
After a day at the office, all I want is Rita's Waterice, not Shetland, or Manos, or a mukluks, or any other project I have in the queue.

8 comments:

Bridget said...

Mmmm. Rita's ...

Oh, nice yarn by the way.

Macoco said...

Oh my word that is HOT.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous yarn - and I hope you get some cool air soon so you can enjoy it!

Elysbeth said...

Hmmn, my co-workers keep trying to find a lunch to go to Rita's. Soon hopefully.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm sorry that you're so miserably hot. It should never be the case that new yarn would make anyone unhappy. Bless your heart!

Dorothy said...

So I should send you some of my snow? I hope they get the air fixed soon! It must be pretty damn sweltering if the sight of yarn can make a person want to pass out.

WandaWoman said...

yep, and I know that I will be feeling that way for most of the summer. I have no air conditioning in my condo, so just heat. Fun, no? :-)

cbknits said...

The yarn looks wonderful! Thanks for your comment - I can hardly wait to show my designs...but alas, I have to...darn contracts!