Friday, February 03, 2006

Let the games begin! Light that torch, and let's get casting! I've picked my project - yep, the darn baby project. However, I have switched up from the Koigu cardigan that I've knit 4x, to the Pin Wheel Baby Blanket. Inspired by a blanket in Last Minute Knitted Gifts (although I don't know how you can knit an entire adult blanket at the last minute. Does 16 days before a baby shower constitute the "last minute?"), and its ascending gradations of color, I have chosen three shades of Blue Sky Alpaca (yes, as Grace reminded me, this yarn is not machine washable, and of course my response was, oh well, it's not my baby, I don't have to clean up after it. Huh, that doesn't seem to be in the Olympic spirit - but on the other hand, for the Olympics, only the best equipment will do - I don't want to end up like Tanya Harding, crying on the sidelines when the lace on my boot snaps, begging for a second chance at my short program!) to twirl round and round.

I haven't decided on an edging yet - I'm sure by the time I get there, I will be so over this project. It will be like completing the cross-country skiing event, and then someone telling me "put your skis back on, you have to do the downhill!"

Uch. I'm already wiping the sweat off my brow.

1 comment:

Sherry W said...

I'd love a team Philly button! I have zero skill in creating attractive graphics though. Lots of cherished icons we could use. Rocky? A golden Pretzel?