Monday, August 28, 2006

Ashes, Ashes, All Fall Down

I confess! I cast on! I couldn't take it any more. After the 32nd repeat on Print o the Wave, the Sarcelle pattern sitting in front of my face, my Black Bunny yarn burning a hole in my stash - I was weak, I caved, I FELL DOWN!!!! The race is in serious serious jeopardy.

For those of you who follow the podcast (and I hope you all do because we're kind of funny), Knitty D and I are hosting
showcasing the handspun/handdyed yarns of Black Bunny Fibers. Unlike your usual knit-a-long, this is more of a yarn-a-long - you can knit anything you like, but in Black Bunny. Anyone who finishes a Black Bunny project becomes eligible for the grandprize drawing, a Black Bunny t-shirt, tote, and hmmm . . .maybe some yarn. Anyway, after creating the blog, watching others post their Bunny, it was just all Bunny Bunny Bunny, and I was just too jealous not to give in to the cast on temptation. I mean, who could resist this laceweight skein aptly named tree?

And Sarcelle - everyone must knit this. At first glance, the chart looks a bit challenging, but it's actually very easy,and completely addictive.
If it weren't for that silly thing called work, I wouldn't have been able to put it down. Scroll down to the last post for a link to the pattern. I think this pattern has the potential to be the next must-knit on the web.

And, just to complete the addiction cycle, sigh, I bought yarn. I had too - it fit in to one of my oath exceptions - if I didn't buy this Koigu, which just arrived in a brand new shipment at Rosie's, I truly wouldn't have been able to sleep at night --I mean, just look at it!!!!

This is the new Koigu, the feltable Koigu. It's the same as the KPPPM, 100% merino, same gauge, however, it's not treated to be a superwash, so it felts. And, it comes in 100 g/360 yard skeins ($24). I have no intention of felting this, I think I'm going to make Charlotte's Web, without that crap fringe on the bottom.

And, in other news, my Ben on a Bench is a finalist in the Amazing Lace, I wouldn't want to be tacky and beg everyone to go over there and vote for me . . . but, um, there is a skein of laceweight cashmere in the mix . . .

9 comments:

Liz K. said...

I did already vote for you, and tried to vote in true Philly style, you know, early and often. I think you can only vote once, but it appears that I can only vote once.

I must get myself of Rosie's this fall and do the Black Bunny Hop as well. Perhaps after the Knit-Out in September....

Anonymous said...

I will SO vote for you if they let me--I'm a non-participant you know!

Wendy said...

Voting all done.

Don't worry about slipping ... I gave up the Sheep Shawl, remember? I think it's probably the only reason I'll finish by Thursday!

Dorothy said...

So the race will take a little longer. We'll still watch.

I'll go over and try to vote, but as a non-participant, I don't know if I will be able to.

Sherry W said...

Nice pink! I hope Lisa held on to the red koigu I requested!! Hmmm. New koigu...when do they close today?? :0

Theresa said...

Work, what's that? Love the lace you've been knitting. Way better than me this summer, and I'm hosting!

Lisa said...

I too tried to vote for you many times. I'll try again tomorrow from work. The other models are so lame....Ben rocks...dirty old man :)

Shannon said...

Gorgeous yarn, amazing shawl!

Dorothy said...

Well, I went and voted for you and it does allow non-participants to vote.

The rings on my stitch markers are just those little rings you can get at Wal-mart or craft stores to attach those thingys (I can't think of the name of them right now) to bracelets. You know, the thingys, (that clarifies it, eh?)they look just like tiny little key ring thingys.

I tried to make a ring by wrapping the wire around a needle, no good for me. I'm too clumsy, so i bought those little cheater thingys and wrapped the wire around them once, then around it's self and crimped off.