Sunday, April 09, 2006

Celebrity Guest Blogger Live from Mason Dixon

Mason Dixon Knitting at Loop

It was standing room only on Friday night at Loop as the authors of Mason Dixon Knitting, Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne, came to town to share their story, show some of the book’s projects and sign a whole lot of books. Once again, Craig hosted a great book party at the shop. The authors were smart, funny, friendly women who love everything about knitting . . . just like the friends I’ve made through knitting . . . so, needless to say, I had a great time!

As Wendy’s guest blogger, I felt a HUGE responsibility to get some good photos, but I also had my own guest present, my Mother, so I also wanted to make sure she was having a nice time and, then at some point, I started having such fun that I forgot about all those commitments and never got a photo of Christina (sorry, C.).

Here are the authors showing us some wonderful knitted items from the book . . .


And here they are signing away and making lots of new friends . . .

You just know the staff is thinking about their own new projects . . .

And since Kay and Ann talked about knitting for spring and all the upcoming associated holidays, here are some photos of some special mothers . . .

Craig and his mother, Joan



My mother, Irene, with Cathy and me . . .


One last shot of the ongoing party and the shopping . . ..



. . . which continued as we departed. I made the tragic mistake of beginning to read Mason Dixon knitting late last night and stayed up way too late, enjoying the book and studying patterns. If I don’t want a dragon on my jean jacket, what would I knit? I think it has to be pink . . .
Since I can’t make it on Monday night (deep sigh), I’m looking forward to the report on Yarn Harlot’s visit.
This is your guest blogger, Beverly, signing off . . . Back to you, Wendy!


THANKS BEVERLY!!!!

3 comments:

Merrill Mason said...

Go Beverly! Job well done. And Wendy, you're as inventive as ever with your "Guest Blogger."

Knitty Delicious said...

Bev
No worries about not taking a photo...I wasn't feeling particularly photogenic Friday night. Look for the podcast very soon

Liz K. said...

Wendy, I missed this one too. These damn kids really cramp my style!