Tuesday, January 24, 2006

For Your Consideration . . .

And our first nominee of the Knitting Oscar Season . . .

Beverly writes, and appropriately, nominates herself:

"I believe that my Rowan coat sweater is eligible for Best Adaptation of a Pattern, as opposed to Best Original Screenplay / Pattern.

Adapted from Kim Hargreaves Thistle, in A Season's Tale. Yarn: Yorkshire Tweed Aran. If nominated, in addition to thanking the Wendy Academy, I'd like to thank my mother for her unending support and for crocheting the button band and collar band when I thought I would kill myself if I had to do one more row of seed stitch.

Adaptations to the pattern included: Doing the bodice in seed stitch and the rest in stockinette with a seed stitch border; rewriting the front / back / sleeves to change a raglan sleeve to a set in sleeve, which on camera (and in person) appears to be a drop shoulder; and changing the collar.

Thank you for your consideration! (and hope to see you Wed.)
Beverly"



Good luck to Beverly, I know that's going to be a very tough category.

Keep those nominations rolling in!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I was just over at Lolly's blog and you commented that it was the Steeler's year. I just wanted to correct that misinformation . . . it is the Seahawks Year! =P