Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Swatch-it!












And the swatch-a-thon continues! Here is Ene in Anne. Out of my stash, this makes me the happiest, however, I don't have a full skein, and this was more of a "let's see," then a real test drive. I like it, but, I've already used Anne several times, and I think I might be in the market for something knew.

And, as promised, I have not neglected lacy cardigan - and I'm not cheating with Ene - I'm allowed to have other friends, you know. I've been a bit distracted, but Andy is never far from my heart. And, remember, unblocked, here it is:







And a closeup of the front panel: As mentioned, the back has a few problems (and that's what backs are for -- although I am reminded of some excellent advice I received from a bartender once - I was sitting at Copa, slugging down Chris's excellent margarita's, bitching about some guy I was seeing. On the back of my check, Chris wrote - "this is what you need to say to that guy -- the best thing you'll ever see is my back walking away from you." I'll just have to remember not to wear this cardigan if I'm planning on breaking up with a guy) but the front is perfect (no mistakes in the pattern, I mean), and barring serious blocking problems, it should be ok size wise. There's still a bottom ruffle like thing that is knit and sewn on. Oh, and that crochet edging (ugh!).

2 comments:

Sherry W said...

It looks really nice so far Wendy, I can't wait to see it sometime.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
» »