Monday, January 30, 2006

I would introduce you to my new project, but I don't know how to pronounce her name. Remember that Seinfeld episode, where Jerry doesn't know his girlfriend's name, but he knows it rhymes with a feminine body part? So, until someone can tell me how to pronounce Ene, I'm going to have to call her Mulva. It's only fitting since I've chosen Misti Alpaca, and Ed did once say, "Misti Alpaca - is that the name of a stripper?"

First, I cast on an obnoxious number of stitches - 375, and placed a ridiculous amount of stitch markers across the row, marking off the 22 pattern repeats. This was all fine and good, until I got midway through the first chart, and that darn double decrease moved from the edge of the pattern repeat, to the middle.
Because the double decrease was no longer on the edge, I no longer had to move the markers - but, unfortunately, I didn't figure that out until it was all f-d up:

So, out came the 375 stitches, and all of chart 1 (21 rows), and I started over again. This time, I didn't use the stitch markers on the first half of the chart, but used the double decrease as my guidepost. Then, I put the markers in on the second half the chart, and here's what it's supposed to look like:



Now, all if have to do is figure out how to pronounce the darn thing - oh, and do Charts 2, 3 and 4.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog via the ScarfStyleKAL and your latest post re: Ene just had me in fits, funnay. I've subscribed to both your blog and the oscar blog. =)

Anonymous said...

Well, whatever the pronunciation, Ene is beautiful!

I'm intrigued by the Misti Alpaca yarn, my Mom gave me two skeins for my birthday and I've just been fondling it. Softest. Yarn. EVER!

Knitty Delicious said...

W---I need some blog couching to add a few buttons to mine! Can you couch me through it?
Email me or leave me a note on the blog...C

Unknown said...

Just reading about your Ene start. How about completely forgetting to DO the double decrease through most of the border! I love mine. It was done in Misti ALpaca Sportweight. It hugs my shoulders like a dream. In fact I am wearing it right now!